This goal has the following fine print specified by mary:
(Reminder to self: To be added to fine print:
If no work Beemergencies left + > 7 days on tag-work)
Things that *are* allowed:
- Lunch: 30-60 minutes
- Getting tea or a snack
- Using the restroom
- Removing distractions from my workspace. (NOT the same as tidying!)
- Momentary distractions in my mind that I don't do something physical with (like open a browser to follow up on, etc.; that takes it from distraction to break). These are outside of my control; esp. given ADD.
- A 15-minute morning break (if none was taken already and interruptions haven’t eaten away at that time)
- A 15-minute afternoon break (if none was taken already and interruptions haven’t eaten away at that time)
- The first 60 seconds of being interrupted by someone not in my “social” graph
- The first 5 minutes of being interrupted by someone in my “social” graph
- The first 20 minutes of being interrupted by family if they need something
- Calling my grandmother for up to 30 minutes (but that time then needs to be added to the end of the day or taken from future breaks for the day; it's just that it doesn't have to be pre-scheduled)
- Being interrupted by faculty
- One 10/15-minute walk if I’m feeling stuck and need to shake things up
- Tracking and tagging (and *required* fiddling, like linking new tag to a Beeminder goal before being able to track)
- Reaching out to a friend for under 5 minutes if I'm feeling badly about something.
Weekdays (other than Tuesdays, which are variable) are 8-hour workdays, and weekends are 6-hour workdays.
I'm adding Weaselproofing only to keep me from deleting it before the first 7 days are up. (Once those 7 days are up, I won't want the weaselproofing anymore, and I don't intend to use it for it's other functions.--Ie. for denying legit derailments.)
Payments Since 2018-01-01
lost $5 on chipmanaged/tag-unscheduledbreaks on 2018-11-25